When it comes to selling your home,
Sea Breeze Real Estate offers
a free no obligation comparative market analysis.
Whether you are thinking of selling now or in the future,
give us a Call for free evaluation.
TIPS FOR SELLERS
Warm and welcoming!
- Lights should be on and drapes should be left open during daylight
- Heat set at a comfortable temperature
- Fresh flowers/plants in various rooms
- Chipped plaster and paint touched up and repaired
- Doors and cupboards properly closed
- Leaky taps and toilets repaired
- Burned out light bulbs replaced
- Squeaky doors oiled
- Mirrors, fixtures, and taps cleaned and polished
- Seals around tubs and basins in good repair
- Floors cleaned, garbage containers emptied
- Inside of closets and cupboards neat and tidy
- Valuable property, out of reach, out of sight, or locked away
- Pets absent, where possible, or contained during showings
- All torn screens should be repaired or replaced
- Avoid repainting the entire house unless current colors are very loud or offbeat
- White or light pastels are the easiest to work with and they make your rooms look larger
- Air conditioner turned on in warm weather
- Countertops neat and polished
- Appliances cleaned
The condition of your home’s exterior is most important when it comes to buyer appeal.
- House number should be easy to read
- Lights on timers to ensure house is lit up after sunset – Eaves troughs, and down spouts in good repair
- Garage/car port clean and tidy
- Litter picked up
- Cracked or broken window panes replaced
- Doorbell and door hardware in good repair
- Touch up trim paint on doors, window frames, fascia, etc.
- Mow, edge and weed the lawn frequently until the home is sold
- Overgrown shrubbery should be cut back to show as much of the exterior as possible
- A low-cost investment in seasonal flowers or ground cover will add a personal touch
- Inspect the roof for necessary repairs and any visible broken shingles or tiles
- Stucco water stains can be repaired using a mild bleaching agent – Fences should be mended and painted
- Wash all windows inside and outside